Friday, December 7, 2007

Mom...

Ok if anyones reading this I'm writing this post just for starters.This post is going to be about something I wrote at class when our english teacher told us to write a story.It all just popped out of my mind when I was caught in this dilemma,Anyway here goes...

The last of the guests left .I returned to my room, the farewell party my friends had organised for me was great.I reached to the phone to call a my other friends and share a few sweet memories and as I glanced at my room I noticed a sock lying near my bag ,a heap of clothes in my wash basket ,3 pairs of shoes chaotically thrown all around the room , and almost instantly I noticed my mom busily clearing the mess , going through the books on the floor and arranging the various glasses on my table.Then for a seconds time ,I wondered , how would i exist without her???I couldnt imagine a life without her .Then I leafed through the pages of mt life.I remember all the times I took her for granted , all the times I could have made her happy but no,I didnt.I didnt listen to her I payed no heed to her invitations to study.I hadnt cared about her advice.At that moment I felt my insides burning with guilt,with the pain of just thinking of leaving her .I wished i could change the past so as to change the present and that day for the first time I cleaned my room I knew that I had never been a help to her and I also knew she was my everything - my gym trainer,sychiatrist,teacher, secretary,cook etc etc .....
But the real thing to think about was

WHAT WAS I TO HER????

The question lingered in my mind even as I was getting ready to leave for my flight at 3:30.
Mom,Dad and me were at the airport.Time passed by as the three of us discussed abot how we would keep in touch and other stuff and as I left to the exit , after touching my parents feet ,I whispered to my mom "i love you".I noticed that as I said this tears trickled down my moms eyes .Then I left for the plane , released into a new world awaiting destiny and realising a fact-
Life wasnt about the n73 in my pocket,or my gelled hair,or my bulging muscles.There was something else to life something undefined but distinct it was love

2 comments:

Jay said...

Very well put. Beautifully written. You gotta a knack for writing.
P.S. Bulging muscles??:)

Ramya Menon said...

Great one!